Led by Brian Fargo, inXile is a premier independent game developer specializing in single player role-playing games. We have embraced crowdfunding for game development: We are the first video game company to have crowdfunded two projects > $1M, and with our two current projects, Torment: Tides of Numenera and Wasteland 2, being the 1st and 4th most funded Kickstarters.
With our development funded by the fans, we are in an unusual position for a small developer - our destiny is in our own hands. The fans have placed their trust in us and now all we have to do is deliver. We make games on our terms, beholden only to our players and our own high standards for gameplay quality.
Talented individuals who'd like to join our team can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, where they will be considered and contacted should a position matching their experience and interests become available. No solicitations from recruiters or agencies, please.
Our elite team of under 30 developers is looking for passionate team members who want to be part of the crowdfunding revolution and RPG renaissance. Will you join us?
Our ideal candidate is extremely enthusiastic and passionate about gaming - particularly RPGs. This is an on-site position at our office in Newport Beach, CA. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "QA Lead."
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining quality standards across all games
- Providing effective communication regarding QA status and issues between all project stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining software test plans/scripts
- Manually executing tests and documenting/reporting results including screenshots and video capture
- Managing and tracking all internal defects/bugs in JIRA
- Participating in project team meetings and representing QA interests in requirement, design and bug review meetings
- Must possess a strong desire for excellence and quality
- Strong QA skills and knowledge of QA procedures/best practices
- Excellent communication skills - verbal as well as written
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; ability to interact effectively with diverse teams and individuals to accomplish project goals and the overall goals of the organization
- Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize and effectively manage and deliver amidst tight deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgment in quickly evaluating situations and rendering prompt decisions
- Experience in QA
- Experience with and solid understanding of Unity
- Experience with Load, Stress and Performance testing
- Previous participation in Games Beta Testing is a plus
- Experience in assessing project risks and identifying and communicating mitigation plans
You would be prototyping and implementing game systems and features for RPGs. This is an on-site position at our office in Newport Beach, CA. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Senior Programmer."
- 5+ years software development for Windows, Mac OS, and/or Linux platforms, preferably in the video game industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of C#
- Experience with renderers and 3D math
- Experience in gameplay programming or scripting
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Passion for role-playing games
- Passion for independent game development
- 1+ years experience using Unity to make games
- Fan of Wasteland, Fallout 1/2, Planescape: Torment, Bard's Tale (any)
- Programming skills in any of the following areas: AI, graphics, tools, user interface, web development
inXile entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.